At the extreme tip of Thassos Town is a taverna with a man made beach and...
- Karnagio is a simple bar at the end of the Limenas beach. The view from the terrace bar to the sea is great. People are here to rest quietly in the sun. After drinking a few glasses of ouzo you want to stay there all the time. If you climb on the rocks right quickly get to the Saints Apostles small chapel and then to the ruins of antique theater and to the other archaeological remains (ruins of acropolis, temples of the Athena and Pan). Unfortunately, towards the end of the road to the bar the area is dirty and neglected, with all sorts of abandoned items.
- Great place to chill out by the waves, have a drink and relax. We had drinks in the shade overlooking the sea with the waves crashing against the rocks - what more can I say !!!
- I love sitting here in the bar overlooking the sea and the rocks watching the birds and the boats. It is so relaxing. There is a lovely little church to visit just above the bar which is worth a visit.
- I cannot praise this wonderful location enough. It is good all times of day and on both sides of the taverna. A perfect place to cool down on the rock side and perfect for seeing the beautiful sunset on the beach side. The red wine was the best in Thassos and the filter coffee was one of the best.The beautiful little church close by on the hill adds to the timelessness of the area. You can sit for hours and just dream! This year there are some very comfortable sun beds on the small beach so we found we were spending a lot of time there. Locals use it so the atmosphere is very good. The food is limited but what there is,is good. I cannot wait to go back to my favourite spot on Thassos!
- This little gem is tucked away at the end of Thassos Town, you have to go through a boat yard to get to it, when you go behind the Taverna on the right there is a wooden deck that you can sit and have a drink or food on with great views of the rocks and sea and don't forget to climb up to the little church on the hill and light a candle for a loved one. My Husband and I love this place , but then we love Thassos.
- sit in the cafe bar and watch the waves lap on the rocks it is right on the point of the town so its hot on the beach side and very pleasant on the sun deck style cafe
- I almost missed this place, its hidden at the end of the walking road. The cafe is basic, nothing much, but it has nice terrace with beautiful view at the sea, around you see only huge white rocks. I recommend this place for the evenings, but be sure to put some anti mosquitoes spray.
- A very scenic spot that cannot be beaten but only for a seaside drink. the food is poor quality & overpriced.
- ...then go on the hill next Karnagio, and picture a sunset...From to the hill you have a hole picture from the Limenas harbour, and the beautiful golf. In the night the music from the taverna will be fine for your dinner.
- This bar is right at the end of Limenas and as such has sea views to the front and rear. The location really makes this place magical, it's nice and quiet and has some stunning views. The meze plates are great value for a late afternoon snack. Sit on the roof!